Friday, October 17, 2008

Chicago Tribune Endorses Obama

For the first time, the Chicago Tribune is backing a Democratic
nominee for President. The Washington Post has also decided to
endorse Senator Barack Obama. This begs the question once again
beyond tradition, why do some newspapers still endorse political
candidates? I realize I may have answered my question. As I teach
students not to insert their personal views into any campaign or
story, how do I explain this blatant form of bias? In London, the
papers admit and embrace their bias. People who want a conservative
perspective get the Sun or the Times. For a more liberal view, they
get the Guardian. Some UK journalists believe that the US journalists
refusal to acknowledge the lack of objectivity damages the
credibility. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: